If you have been longing to spend your winter vacation in the lap of nature, enjoying the panoramic view of one of the most scenic hill stations in the country, then Ooty is the best option for you.
Ooty is truly adjudged as the queen of the hills. With towering mountains nestled in the lush green landscape by the tea estates, the sight is truly breath-taking.
Ooty has been one of the top choices for a summer and winter vacation over the years. Right from the British Raj until today, the people love the climate and picturesque view of the town. A major tourist destination, you can truly look forward to seeking an escape from the monotonous life and regular city hustle and bustle, to enjoy a fulfilling weekend.
What to do in Ooty?
Whether you are travelling with your friends or family, Ooty is an ideal destination to relax and rejuvenate. Here is what you must do in Ooty:
● Take a stroll along with paths meandering through the woods.
● Give an ear to the melodious tunes of the birds and allow your stress to drain away.
● Go on a night safari in Shola forests. You might get lucky and spot a tiger or gaur.
● Enjoy the galore of flower valley in the Botanical Gardens, which is spread over 55 acres of land. You will find yourself admiring the beauty of the flowers in every hue and shade. There are five sections in the garden - Italian Garden, Fern House, Lower Garden, Conservatory, and Nurseries.
● Enjoy boating in the beautiful Ooty lake. ‘
● 2 km from Ooty Lake is a Deer Park where you can spot incredible varieties of deer like Sambhar, Chithal, etc.
● Doddabetta Peak is one of the highest peaks in the Nilgiris. It is 10 km away from Ooty and is ideal for trekkers. The mesmerizing look of this place will leave you spellbound.
● Travel 28 km away from Ooty and visit Avalanche lake. It is a stunning sign amid the lush mountains and green landscape to leave you mesmerized. It is also a popular spot for trout fishing and rare flora and fauna.
● 13 km away from Ooty is Kalhatty Waterfalls, which is a majestic tourist site on Ooty-Mysore Road. The great Hindu saint Agastya had lived here. Even the bird watchers visit this place.
● Shop for homemade chocolates, tea, coffee, fudge, etc.
Ooty excursion is best enjoyed when you cover the city by length and breadth in a cab. As you drive through the winding roads and travel up the mountain in the Nilgiris, you will observe that the ride is absolutely thrilling!
However, it is essential to hire a comfortable, reliable, and safe cab service to make your Ooty travel pleasurable and cherishing. The most trusted and leading cab service provider – WTI cabs are known to ensure high-quality services. Their chauffeurs are trained, professional, trusted, and polite. Unlike other local cab service providers, WTI does not cancel the cabs and ensures not to cause any inconvenience to the clients. They have a big fleet of vehicles and offer special services such as SOS button, etc. With WTI cabs, you can be assured that it will be a delightful experience of a lifetime.