Call it nature's blessing or just a coincidence, Bangalore is surrounded by some of the most sought after hill stations, serene beaches, and pristine waterfalls. No matter what your recreational needs are, there is something for each one of you while you want to explore weekend getaways near Bangalore.
Road trips around Bangalore can be different for everyone. For some, it can be a nostalgic ride to granny’s home, for some it can be a romantic trip with the significant other, an escape in solitude for the solo travelers, while some love to go on an adventurous trip with buddies. No matter what your idea of an ideal trip is, WTI outstation ensures every trip takes you through some jaw dropping scenery while you have the freedom to sit back and relax.
Assuming that you’re already excited for your next weekend getaway from Bangalore, let’s have a look at the places you can visit near Bangalore.
1. Ooty : Nestled amongst the beautiful blue mountains, Ooty is one of the most sought after road trip destinations from Bangalore. The picturesque ride from Bangalore to Ooty on SH 66 is approximately 270 km. While Ooty is blessed with beautiful weather across all seasons, Oct-June has always been people’s choice. Do not miss the beauty of Mudumalai National Park, the Emerald Lake, and the Rose Garden
2. Wayanad : A drive of about 270 kilometers from Bangalore, keeping onto the Bangalore – Mysore Highway and thereafter National Highway 212, takes you to the potpourri of nature deep into ‘God’s Own Country’, Wayanad in Kerala. With the mystic mountain solemnity, lush greenery dotted with paddy fields, tea and spice gardens and lakes, makes Wayanad one of the best weekend getaways around Bengaluru. Nonetheless, Wayanad is also a home to several tribes that represents an indigenous culture that attracts several weekend explorers as well as foreign tourists.
3. Sakleshpur : Decked in the heights of the Western Ghats of India, Sakleshpur is an enchanting weekend spot for relaxation near Bangalore. Visiting here would be one of the most beautiful travel experiences of your life. Soothing nature walks at emerald green coffee, tea, spice plantations, the royal charm of old Manjarabad Fort, 600-year-old Sakleshwara temple on the banks of river Hemavathi which dazzles the mind with intricate craftsmanship, the refreshing vibes of Bisle View Point, sublime and beautiful Railway Bridge trekking will be etched on your mind for a long time.
4. Mysore : With the grandeur of magnificent buildings, rich historical and cultural significance, Mysore is an ultimate weekend getaway from Bangalore. Home to the world heritage site - Mysore Palace, Vrindavan Garden and Infosys campus this cultural capital of Karnataka is truly a must visit. To reach Mysore you have to take a 3 hour ride of about 140 km. To avoid scorching summer heat, October to June is the ideal time to visit Mysore.
5. Gokarna : One of the most scenic beaches of Karnataka, Gokarna is a popular holiday destination for all beach lovers, especially for those living in Bangalore. From surfing to beach hopping, trekking, rave parties, or even spiritual tourism, Gokarna offers all kinds of quirks for all kinds of travelers.
6. Pondicherry : Submerge in the beauty of classic French architecture and gushing beaches at none other than Pondicherry. Few drives for a spiritual break, few drives for a beach getaway and few to explore the quaint French colonies, Puducherry is one of the best beach getaways from Bangalore. It is approximately 310 kilometers away. The major attractions in Pondicherry are the Promenade Beach, Paradise Beach, The Auroville Beach and Serenity Beach; Sri Aurobindo Ashram; Auroville; Children’s Park & Dupleix Statue, Gandhi statue, Nehru Statue, Le Café, French War Memorial, 19th Century LightHouse, Bharathi Park, Governors Palace, French War Memorial, Romain Rolland Library, Legislative Assembly, Pondicherry Museum and the French Institute of Pondicherry at Saint-Louis Street.
7. Chikmagalur : Perched at an elevation of 3400 feet, the serene temples such as Sharadamba Temple, Vidyashankara Temple, Kodanda Ramaswamy Temple, and Amruteshwar Temple, numerous enchanting waterfalls like Jhari Waterfalls, Hanuman Gundi Waterfalls, Shankar Falls, and Kadambi Falls, lush vegetation and delightful weather throughout the year makes Chikmagalur a wonderful relaxing weekend destination to visit near Bangalore.
8. Mangalore : Bangalore to Mangalore may not be an escape from the hues and cries of life but the silent walk on the Panambur Beach overlooking the Arabian Sea breaches all your fatigue. Mangalore is approximately 350 kilometers from Bangalore. The other major attractions in Mangalore are the temple of Mangaladevi, Sultan Battery that was built in 1784 by Tipu Sultan and ruins of Mangalore Fort.